Selecting AND Deleting

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    bodhisatvaofboogie
    Guest

    Selecting AND Deleting

    I am working on More macros and I am trying to figure out how to Select Every
    row except for the last 10. SO:

    Select rows 1 through Last Row - 9.
    Delete selected rows

    LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
    Cells(LastRow + 2, "V") = Application.Sum _
    (Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(LastRow, "V")))

    That is what I am using in another macro for selecting the last row +2 in
    Column V, then summing the entire column within it. NOW, I figured I could
    take that and pull a last row -9 from it and having it delete the entire row,
    but I'm having some poor luck. I've managed to get it to delete everything
    within the Column, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it get rid of
    the rows.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    1. make a range with cells in each row you want to delete and then use
    Entire.Row

    Sub Macro1()
    Dim r As Range
    Set r = Range("A1:A9")
    r.EntireRow.Delete

    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    bodhisatvaofboogie
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    Well the range of rows is not always going to be the same. Entering a set
    range will make all future imported data not format properly. I'll take that
    and see if I can add the LastRow function into a range. That is what I
    haven't figured out yet. That way regardless of how many rows pop into
    the document, it will be formated based on the last row -9 and effectively
    delete what I want gone. Thanks for the input.

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    To leave 10 rows:

    Sub dsfe()
    Dim r As Range
    Dim lastrow As Long
    lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
    Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 10, "v"))
    r.EntireRow.Delete

    Gary''s Student

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    If you want to leave only the last row:

    Sub dsfe()
    Dim r As Range
    Dim lastrow As Long
    lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
    Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 1, "v"))
    r.EntireRow.Delete

    Gary''s Student

  6. #6
    bodhisatvaofboogie
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    It is stopping me at this line:

    Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 1, "v"))

    I've been trying variations of that line myself, and had no luck. What am I
    missin?

  7. #7
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    Let's MSGBOX(lastrow) right before the Set statement.

    Make sure its not 0 for any reason.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  8. #8
    bodhisatvaofboogie
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

  9. #9
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Selecting AND Deleting

    Because I can't see what you have in column V, I can't determine why the code
    stops. In this form:

    Sub dsfe()
    Dim r As Range
    Dim lastrow As Long
    lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
    MsgBox (lastrow)
    Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 10, "V"))
    r.EntireRow.Delete
    End Sub

    the code will not delete the last 10 lines, but lastrow must be 11 or greater.
    --
    Gary's Student