Carry forward formula help needed

  1. #1

    Carry forward formula help needed

    Hi,

    I need help with a formula. I am trying to calculate payments where
    someone might buy something in three installments of $20. I would like
    each month to automatically carryforward the remaining two payments.
    How can I do this?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Carry forward formula help needed

    The formulas can be really simple (=A1+A2, for example) or more complex
    depending on the layout of your data, or if there are any conditions to
    apply. It is hard to give a concrete solution with the information you have
    posted, if you can add some example of what you want to achieve that would
    help.

    Miguel.

  3. #3

    Re: Carry forward formula help needed

    Thanks. Here is some more detail.

    I am creating a spreadsheet that needs to perform the following kinds
    of calculation:

    X% of people will pay us X% of the selling price (for example, 50% will
    pay us $100), while the remaining X% will pay us in X number of
    installments (for example, the remaining 50% will pay us in 3 payments
    of $33).

    I need to be able to easily change the percentage that pays full price
    and I need to be able to quickly alter the number of payments to
    achieve full price.

    Does this make more sense?

  4. #4
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    Re: Carry forward formula help needed

    I am still not sure what is the final result expected. If it is the monthly
    figure, for example, something like this may do (# of customers in B1, price
    in B2, % of customers paying full in B3, number of payments in B4)
    =B1*B2*B3+(B1*B2*(1-B3)/B4)

    When you change cells B3 and B4, the results will change accordingly. Is
    this what you needed?
    Miguel.