Pivot Report - Remove 'Sum of'

  1. #1
    Marlyn
    Guest

    Pivot Report - Remove 'Sum of'

    Hi,

    I am wanting to remove the function in the name of a pivot table field.

    If i go to rename and remove 'Sum of' it rejects based on the pivot report
    already having that variable.

    Any clues?

    By the way when you use an auto format, this function is appllied - ie it
    gives you the title Volume rather than Sum of Volume.

    Cheers,

  2. #2

    Re: Pivot Report - Remove 'Sum of'

    Add an extra space character at the end???

    "Sum of Amount"
    becomes
    "Amount "
    (without the quotes)

  3. #3

    pivot table sum

    I encountered a similar problem. I found that in a pivot table you can't give a field the same name as one of the columns from your original data set. Change the name slightly and you should be able to remove the "Sum of". The problem that I'm having, however, is that even if I change the name, the sum function remains - summing my data where I don't want it to. If you can help me on that, let me know.