remove a dash from part numbers

  1. #1
    Mr Happy
    Guest

    remove a dash from part numbers

    I have a database that have part number with dashes (ex. AX-2912) is there
    a way to remove the dash?

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: remove a dash from part numbers

    You could use Find/Replace. Find - and leave the Replace With field blank.

    Or, you could set up a formula in an adjacent column.

    =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: remove a dash from part numbers

    You can do it with a formula:

    =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")

    If you need VBA code to loop through an entire range, use

    Sub AAA()
    Dim Rng As Range
    For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
    Rng.Value = Replace(Rng.Text, "-", "")
    Next Rng
    End Sub

    Select the cells with the dashes and then run the code.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...