Converting text to excel

  1. #1
    madubois9
    Guest

    Converting text to excel

    When I convert a .txt document to excel, my columns are all formatted to
    general, and hwne I change them to numbers, it adds a zero at the end of the
    numbers in one of my columns. The number is a 13-16 digit long number and as
    an example it show in the cell as: 512345E +15. How do I avoid the extra zero
    at the end of my number?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Converting text to excel

    Unless you are going to use the "number" in a formula, like if it's a Part
    Number or something like that, then just leave it formatted as TEXT.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    madubois9
    Guest

    RE: Converting text to excel

    I need the number to show completely as I am trying to dysplay the data for
    others to print and read, or sort and print.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Converting text to excel

    If you format the cells as TEXT, the entire value should show, just as it was
    in the original....it not, you may need to increase the column width.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3