Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Tough Formula Question

  1. #1
    shelfish
    Guest

    Tough Formula Question

    Scenario: Sheet with db output regarding product sales. Second sheet w/
    trend line formulas to predict how many to order for the next month.
    Works fine.

    Here's the poblem. Lets say it predicts I sould purchase 4 bottles of
    coke. Coke is only sold in incriments of 6 bottles. How to I make it
    round up by incriments of order number.

    The order incriments are part of the db output so that should help. I'm
    pretty sure I'll always want to round up. This cannot be a vb problem.
    It needs to be a formula.

    Thanks for any help and good luck.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Tough Formula Question

    Hi

    Try =CEILING(number,order_size)

    =CEILING(8,6) will yield an answer of 12

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Tough Formula Question

    Assuming Product name is in col. A in both sheets
    db output sheet column B contains increment
    trend line sheet column B contains predicted quantity

    Enter formula in trend line col. C:
    =ROUNDUP(B2/VLOOKUP(A2,'db output'!A2:B20,2),0)*VLOOKUP(A2,'db
    output'!A2:B20,2)

    See example: http://cjoint.com/?fDsboKsmJT

    AP

    [email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Tough Formula Question

    Maybe you could use =ceiling().

    =ceiling(a1,6)
    or
    =ceiling(yourformula,6)

  5. #5
    shelfish
    Guest

    Re: Tough Formula Question

    Many thanks to you both. I wasn't aware of the ceiling function but it
    does exactly what I need.

  6. #6
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Tough Formula Question

    I did not even know the existence of CEILING function!
    Thanks to Roger & Dave!

    Cheers,

  7. #7
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Tough Formula Question

    Then you also might be interested in Floor().<bg>

    RD

    news:[email protected]...