How to import data from daily reports (excel) into excel database

  1. #1
    Import data from excel to excel
    Guest

    How to import data from daily reports (excel) into excel database

    I wish to import the specific data from daily reports (excel files) to a
    common excel file (called database) for monitoring and recording. I do not
    import all data range, just data from some specific cells only.

    Would you please teach me how to generate a way to automatically import such
    data?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: How to import data from daily reports (excel) into excel database

    at the most basic level have your two excel files open and in your database
    type = and then navigate to the cell in your report and select the cell you
    want to "copy"
    the resulting formula will look something like this
    =[report1]sheet1!$A$5.You can navigate to other folders or even other
    drives.You have created a link.The next time you open your database you will
    see a message asking wether you want to update data from report1 to database.
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How to import data from daily reports (excel) into excel database

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin