Importing-Exporting

  1. #1
    Richard Mahan
    Guest

    Importing-Exporting

    I ahve been trying to import a list of contacts from an excel file to
    Outlook.but Ikeep getting an error.

    the error msg is a Translation error. I would appreciate any help or advise.

  2. #2
    Puppet_Sock
    Guest

    Re: Importing-Exporting

    Richard Mahan wrote:
    > I ahve been trying to import a list of contacts from an excel file to
    > Outlook.but Ikeep getting an error.
    >
    > the error msg is a Translation error. I would appreciate any help or advise.

    Could you hold your error message up a little higher? I'm having
    trouble seeing it.
    Socks

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Importing-Exporting

    Richard

    I have only succeeded in doing this well by first naming Excel's data range
    something like Database. this way Outlook seems to find it easier. If this
    fails try saving the XL file as text or csv and use this in your import. Be
    aware during the import you may need to map the data

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    united ststes
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Importing-Exporting

    es it's possible to converter excel files into vCard format or excel to outlook. First you can convert your excel files into vcf ,to convert it you can use downloadtopten.com/converter/excel-to-vcard/ excel to vCard Converter software,it's can help you to convert your excel files into vcf format. Then you can use vcf to csv converter software to import your vcf files into outllook because csv files supported in outlook. To import your csv files into outlook,first you can use downloadtopten.com/converter/csv-to-vcard/ vcf to csv converter software,then you can open your outlook software and go to your File menu,then open import/export option, then Choose Import from another program or file and then click Next, then Choose Comma Separated Values and click Next,Browse to the .csv file you want to import. It's help you to import your csv files into outlook format.