Transpose copy: Second Part

  1. #1
    Mika
    Guest

    Transpose copy: Second Part

    Hi,

    4 months after the solution proposed by Herbert Seidenberg is time to
    extend the capabilities of my spreadsheet...

    here is the original post and the solution.

    "I have a table in columns A trough E . The data in columns C and D,
    I need to repeat and copy in a sigle column(column p for instance) in
    this order:

    d1
    d1
    c1
    c1
    d2
    d2
    c2
    c2
    ..
    ..
    ..
    I was trying with an expresion like: =3DINDEX($D:$D,(ROW())) for and easy

    copy but can not figure out a proper formula (I need formulas in the
    cells not values)... any help ?

    From: Herbert Seidenberg
    Enter this formula and copy down:
    =3D"^=3D"&CHAR(67+IF(MOD(ROW()-1,4)<2,1,0))&FLOOR((ROW()-1)/4,1)+1
    Paste Special > Value
    Then Find/Replace the caret character

    '''' Ok, now I want to find the min and max in a certain variable
    interval. What I need is:
    (I$1 has the size of the interval, let=B4s say 3.)

    MIN(D1:offset($D1,I$1-1,0)) first cell
    MIN(D1:offset($D1,I$1-1,0)) second cell
    MIN(C1:offset($C1,I$1-1,0)) etc
    MIN(C1:offset($D1,I$1-1,0))

    the tricky part is that I$1 is not 1, then the rows of the cells has to
    change (keeping 3 as example)

    MIN(D4:offset($D4,I$1-1,0))
    MIN(D4:offset($D4,I$1-1,0))

    etc, so now that row number, 4 in the example, can not be hardcoded
    but a variable...

    Any help ?
    Thanks for your time

    Mika

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Transpose copy: Second Part

    Mika wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 4 months after the solution proposed by Herbert Seidenberg is time to
    > extend the capabilities of my spreadsheet...
    >
    > here is the original post and the solution.
    >

    > "I have a table in columns A trough E . The data in columns C and D,
    > I need to repeat and copy in a sigle column(column p for instance) in
    > this order:
    >

    > d1
    > d1
    > c1
    > c1
    > d2
    > d2
    > c2
    > c2

    Try:

    =OFFSET($C$1,INT((ROW()-1)/4),1-MOD(INT((ROW()-1)/2),2))