How flip a selection before pasting - Paste special

  1. #1
    ruks
    Guest

    How flip a selection before pasting - Paste special

    Hi all,

    I want to invert a selection in a column before pasting it.
    For eg: I have a whole lot of info from Row A1:A45
    When I paste it into column B, I want it to flip; i.e.: the selection to
    invert—That is, the contents of cell A45 to go into B1, A44 to go into B2 and
    so on till I get A1 in B45.
    I need to do this a number of times so would rather not do a concatenate
    with numbered rows, sort ascendng/sort descending and un-concatenate agian...
    is there something you have seen that could help?

    I don’t know if this can be done but over the past week I wonder why it has
    not been provided for and I wonder why there is help topic so I can figure
    this out on my own.

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How flip a selection before pasting - Paste special

    Hi

    One way
    Enter in B1
    =INDEX($A$1:$A$45,46-ROW())
    Copy down column B as far as B45

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ruks
    Guest

    Re: How flip a selection before pasting - Paste special

    Roger, Thank you so much! It works and has made things much easier for me!