Copying word tables of different column width to excel.

  1. #1
    Kazuki
    Guest

    Copying word tables of different column width to excel.

    Hi, I have a huge word document which has so many tables and some text. I
    want to convert this document into excel sheet.
    Example: In 1 table the first column is "No." which needs as less space to
    enter a single digit number, whereas in the next table, the first column has
    some other data, that will need space for upto 15 words!!!!
    This is when the problem arises. I cannot have the tables one below the
    other in excel sheet.. Is there a method to optimise this???
    PS. I have nearly 40 tables like this!!!
    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Copying word tables of different column width to excel.

    Copy each table to a different worksheet, and auto-adjust column width.

    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kazuki
    Guest

    Re: Copying word tables of different column width to excel.

    Hi Ardus Petus, Thanks for your answer, but as I mentioned, I have over 40
    tables and if I use different work sheets, it would distort the format of the
    docuiment abruptly.
    Can some one please help me with this?

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Copying word tables of different column width to excel.

    You cannot have different column width within one column of a worksheet.

    Cell merging makes things even worse.

  5. #5
    Kazuki
    Guest

    Re: Copying word tables of different column width to excel.

    Hi AP, Thanks again. But actually I wanted to know whether there is any other
    method to replace these tables.... and not to have different column widths
    with 1 column.
    Thanks.