Check box - true/false - i'd like a third option n/a

  1. #1
    Kelly 1st
    Guest

    Check box - true/false - i'd like a third option n/a

    Hey,

    i have a questionnaire - i'd like check boxes, but instead of the true/false
    i'd like three options true/false/na. True being a tick, false being nothing
    and na being greyed out or something such like....

    I have ssen this done in Access but not sure if it can been done in excel -
    could anybody help me?

    Thank you
    --
    kelly m johnson
    London UK

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Check box - true/false - i'd like a third option n/a

    You must set the Triplestate of each checkbox to True.
    Each time you click on the checkbutton, it changes: TRUE/FALSE/#N/A

    See example: http://cjoint.com/?gbsWZ1p3p3

    AP

    news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kelly 1st
    Guest

    Re: Check box - true/false - i'd like a third option n/a

    Hey,

    triplestate? I'm afraid i'm not that advanced... do you think you could
    explain a little more please?

    Thank you for your time
    --
    kelly m johnson
    London UK

  4. #4

    Re: Check box - true/false - i'd like a third option n/a

    Is your questionaire a nicely designed worksheet?

    If yes, you can use the checkbox from the Control toolbox toolbar.

    Right click on that checkbox and choose properties.
    Scroll to Triplestate and make that property True
    Scroll to LinkedCell and type in an address

    Then click on the design mode icon (another icon on that control toolbox
    toolbar).

    Now click on that checkbox a few times and watch the linked cell and the
    checkbox itself.

  5. #5
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Check box - true/false - i'd like a third option n/a

    Dave explained it in a better english than I could have!

    Cheers,