Pivot Tables and Column Labels

  1. #1
    Mark McDonough
    Guest

    Pivot Tables and Column Labels

    I'm having some trouble creating a pivot table with a large amount of data
    that has fields arranged in columns - store, brand, address, supplier a,
    supplier b etc.

    When I go to create a pivot table, I select all the data including the
    titles and get an error telling me I have to create column labels before it
    will do the pivot table.

    What's wrong here? Shouldn't it just pick up on the titles as being the
    fields?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables and Column Labels

    Does the source data table have one row of headings?
    Is there text in every heading cell? Perhaps there are hidden columns
    that don't have heading text.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Mark McDonough
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Tables and Column Labels

    Well if that is the cause, I do have hidden columns with no data labels.
    Thanks for the advice.

    news:[email protected]...