Conditional Format based on range

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Conditional Format based on range

    Hi,
    Is there a formula I can use in CF to change the format of a cell if the
    value is within a specified range? For example, if the value in B1 matches a
    value in A1:A20 then I want the format to change.

    Thanks in advance.
    Dave

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format based on range

    Hi!

    Try this:

    Select cell B1
    Goto Format>Conditional Formatting
    Formula Is: =COUNTIF(A$1:A$20,B1)
    Click the Format button
    Select the desired style(s)
    OK out

    Biff

  3. #3
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format based on range

    Thanks Biff,
    That's much more elegant than the =OR(... function I had in there.

    Dave

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest