Typewriter Effect

  1. #1
    Skydiver
    Guest

    Typewriter Effect

    I have a range from A31 to H35. In this range I would like to type text
    beginning in A31 up until the H31 area. Upon reaching this area I would like
    to continue typing without exceeding the H31 area, thus continuing in A32 all
    the way until H35. Is this possible? Help.

    John

  2. #2
    Gilles Desjardins
    Guest

    Re: Typewriter Effect

    John if I understand properly just use the TAB key to move your cursor to
    the right. When you are at the complete right instead of tabbing one more
    time DON'T press ENTER instead. Your cursor will return to the next line on
    the left from where you started to use the TAB key.

    HTH

    Gilles
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Huber57
    Guest

    RE: Typewriter Effect

    Unless you need the data in a cell (and since it sounds like text, I would
    think not), how about a text box that is sized appropriately but is
    "floating" above the cells you want to have text within?

    If you need it in one big text box you can highlight them all and merge the
    cells.

    Hope this helps.

  4. #4
    Skydiver
    Guest

    RE: Typewriter Effect

    You're thinking just like me. I failed to mention that I did use a floating
    text box, however I've unlocked certain cells and have protected the sheet so
    this does not allow me to type any text into the floating text box.

  5. #5
    Skydiver
    Guest

    Re: Typewriter Effect

    Let me explain a little further. I've unlocked certain cells and have
    protected the sheet. I've tried a floating text box, but cannot type
    anything into the text box with it's protected sheet. Using the tab function
    (like you mentioned) is what I am trying to avoid.

  6. #6
    shaunap
    Guest

    RE: Typewriter Effect

    The best way to achieve this is to merge the cells from A31 to H35 and unlock
    the cells to allow editing. (as Huber57 suggested in his second part).

    Shauna