paste special not working in excel

  1. #1
    Lisa Excel Queen
    Guest

    paste special not working in excel

    I keep getting a worksheet object box when I try to paste special between two
    workbooks. This just started this morning. Is there a system problem, or is
    something messed up in options?

  2. #2

    Re: paste special not working in excel

    I think you're trying to copy|paste from different instances of excel.

    Close one of the instances.

    Then in the other instance, use File|open to open that other workbook.

    Now do the copy|paste and things should be back to normal.

  3. #3
    College Station, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Question Re: paste special not working in excel

    In Excel 2007, I am unable to "paste special". Under Paste in the Home Ribbon, Formulas, No borders,transpose, and Paste link are shaded out. Paste Special and Paste hyperlink are also shaded out. Diagnostics cannot find any problem. When I insert my 2007 CD and enter my activation code it corrects the problem. The next time I open Excel 2007 the problem is back.
    Is Microsoft trying to disable my Excel 2007???
    jim Shaffer

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Aarhus, Denmark
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: paste special not working in excel

    Did you recently install a Skype add-in? In that case have a look here:

    http://www.excelforum.com/excel-2007...el-2007-a.html
    Sincerely
    S?ren Larsen

    "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll steal your yacht!"

  5. #5
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451

    Re: paste special not working in excel

    @Jim
    This is the 2nd thread that is 6 years old that you have posted in.