Summing large numbers with decimals in Excel

  1. #1
    PradeepKel
    Guest

    Summing large numbers with decimals in Excel

    Hi,

    I am having problem when summing large numbers with decimals. Here is the
    sample. Copy these numbers to the excel sheet and sum them.

    1,094,997,817.3305
    84,045,000.0000
    2,238,305,000.0000
    35,770,000.0000
    737,995,000.0000
    187,980,000.0000
    7,750,000.0000
    172,900,000.0000
    7,100,975.0000
    94,154,750,000.0000
    16,034,600,000.0000
    306,545,000.0000
    136,240,000,000.0000
    91,995,000.0000
    564,407,961.0000

    Make sure that the decimals are 4 digits. When we sumi this the result is
    251,959,141,753.3310. I have only on decimal value 3305. But in the sum the
    values is 3310.

    Any idea ?

  2. #2

    Re: Summing large numbers with decimals in Excel

    Excel only keeps track of 15 significant digits.