MACRO TROUBLE

  1. #1
    HELP
    Guest

    MACRO TROUBLE

    I recorded a macro and everything worked out fine. However, a sheet in my
    workbook that was linked to the sheet in which the Macro was run is having
    some issues. The formatting changed to something in the custom options and
    now it will not calculate simple equations. If a subtract two numbers in
    which data is being extracted from it will show 0. Even though the differece
    may be 100. I changed the formatting of all the cells in the macro sheet and
    the linked sheet to "number" format. This did not solve the problem. But if I
    typed over the linked cells then hit "undo" the calculation then works and is
    correct, the 100 will display. BUT if I change a number the calculating cell
    does not change. It remains 100 though it should be saying 200. ANY
    SUGGESTIONS? COULD IT BE SOMETHING IN THE RECORDING OF THE MACRO? PLEASE
    HELP..SOON..

  2. #2
    hans bal(nl)
    Guest

    RE: MACRO TROUBLE

    It looks like your calculation is set to manual instead of automatic. Does
    the calculation work if you press F9 ?

    If so change your settings in Tools - Options - Calculation.

    I hope this helps.

    Hans

  3. #3
    HELP
    Guest

    RE: MACRO TROUBLE

    Even when I press F9 it does not re-calculate. I did find the root cause of
    the problem. While recording the macro I did a format(0 decimals, use
    seperator) in VBA this showed as Format.#,## which is the whole reason the
    sheets pulling these formated numbers would not calculate. I still do not
    understand why not, but when I took out this section of code and formated
    after the macro had run, then it all sheets worked fine. ODD. If you or
    someone knows of a way to still perform this format action and not affect the
    other sheets, please let me know. If there is something I need to add
    manually in VBA? Or what have you. Thank you for the advice.