data return based on two criteria

  1. #1
    Jimmy Joseph
    Guest

    data return based on two criteria

    Hello,

    I have the following data in excel

    A2:A5 - cells are merged and contains partnumber (alpha numeric &
    numeric)

    C1:AF1 - DATE

    C2 - initial stock (number)
    C3 - receipts data (number)
    C4 - production (number)
    C5 = available stock (C2+C3)-C4

    Similar data is maintained for 25 partnumbers

    I would like to have a sheet where the users can input date &
    partnumber and get available stock data.

    Your help will be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Jimmy Joseph

  2. #2
    Jimmy Joseph
    Guest

    Re: data return based on two criteria

    Hello,

    Help please!

    Jimmy Joseph <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

  3. #3

    Re: data return based on two criteria

    This may work for you:

    =INDEX($A$1:$D$16,MATCH(G8,A:A,0)+3,MATCH(H8,1:1,0))

    In Sheet2:
    Put the part number in A1
    Put the date in B1
    Put this in C1:
    =INDEX(sheet1!$A:$af,MATCH(a1,sheet1!A:A,0)+3,MATCH(b1,sheet1!1:1,0))

    The first match() looks for a part number match--and then drops down 3 rows (to
    get the available stock). The second match() looks for a match in dates.

    Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on how to use =Index() and
    =index(match(),match()):
    http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html

  4. #4

    Re: data return based on two criteria

    Oops.

    Ignore that first formula.

    I used it when I was making a small test and I pasted just for the syntax--then
    forgot to delete it.