Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

How can Excel generate more decimal points ie 5.5% not 5%

  1. #1
    helpmeplease
    Guest

    How can Excel generate more decimal points ie 5.5% not 5%

    I need excel to calculate a simple formula (=(B8-C8)/C8) to give me 5.5%
    and not just 5%. How can I do this?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can Excel generate more decimal points ie 5.5% not 5%

    I guess it depends on what's in B8 and C8

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: How can Excel generate more decimal points ie 5.5% not 5%

    Format the cell. Right click on the cell, choose Format Cells..., go to the
    Number tab, and specify the number of decimal places.

    Fred