Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

  1. #1
    guzzi
    Guest

    Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    Hi all,

    i can't figure out how could i use my DualHead system with one Excel
    workbook and two sheets:
    the same workbook but one sheets is displayed on one monitor and the
    second sheet would be on the second monitor.

    Is it posible?

    All i can do now is to open two diferent workbooks on two monitors, but
    not two sheets of the same workbook

    TIA

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    dual head

    From my understanding dualhead works on programs and can not differentiate between things inside programs unless of course it is configured. So basically unless someone configures it for you (and i have never seen it done) it can be done howver if you could open the workbook twice and then do it that way or if you go window / New window that may work ?
    cant say i have tried it

  3. #3
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    Google search for Chip Pearson's advice a few days back please.

    news:#[email protected]...

  4. #4
    guzzi
    Guest

    Re: Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    Can't fing it Please could you advise me the subject of the thread?

    TIA

  5. #5
    M. Authement
    Guest

    Re: Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    Here is Chip's post...

    Expand the Excel application window to cover both monitors. Then go to the
    Window menu and choose New Window. Unmaximize each window and drag one to
    each monitor. You'll need to resize the windows to fill the monitor.

  6. #6
    guzzi
    Guest

    Re: Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    This is about two Books (worksheets or whatever), but i need to work
    with one workbook, not two. And i'd like to open Sheet1 on one monitor
    and Sheet2 on a second, running one instance of Excel and working with
    one workbook

    Is it posible?

    TIA

  7. #7
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    You can display two sheets, one in each monitor. First you need
    to unmaximzie the main Excel application windows and resize it to
    cover both monitors. Unmaximize each sheet and drag the windows
    into the region of the main Excel window you with them to
    display.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  8. #8
    guzzi
    Guest

    Re: Workbook / sheets and Double Monitor ?

    What i'm doing

    Open Excel
    New Blank Workbook (now i've got Workbook with 3 Sheets)
    How could i unmaximize each sheet, when all 3 sheets are the content of
    Workbook.? (Maybe stupid quastion)
    I have unmaximized workbook. I could create another new workbook and i
    could drag it on my right monitor (Excel is unmaximized and streched
    from one monitor to another).

    But how could i display Sheet1 and Sheet2 of my single workbook on both
    monitors?

    TIA