help with this error-Compile error: cant find project or library

  1. #1
    JackR
    Guest

    help with this error-Compile error: cant find project or library

    I am getting an error message saying: Compile error: Cant find project or
    library. All I did was copy this worksheet onto my laptop, it worked fine on
    mt PC now I get this error message, I am desperate to get an answer as I need
    to do a presention to 20 people on this on Sunday, any help PLEASE!!

    Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
    DefineList
    BubbleSort
    CKsorted.Value = True
    Book = ActiveWorkbook.Name
    GotoSheet.Caption = "VIEW RECIPES AND TABS"
    TB1.Value = Book & ": " & LB1.ListCount & " Sheets"
    End Sub

    Private Sub CKsorted_Click()
    If CKsorted.Value = False Then DefineList Else BubbleSort
    End Sub

    Private Sub LB1_Click()
    Sheets(LB1.Value).Activate
    End Sub

    Private Sub LB1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
    GotoSheet.Hide
    End Sub

    Sub DefineList()
    LB1.Clear

    w = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count
    c = ActiveWorkbook.Charts.Count
    n = w + c

    ReDim MyArray(n, 1)
    For i = 0 To w - 1
    MyArray(i, 0) = Sheets(i + 1).Name
    If Sheets(MyArray(i, 0)).Visible Then MyArray(i, 1) = "" _
    Else MyArray(i, 1) = "Hidden"
    Next i
    a = 0
    For i = w To n - 1
    a = a + 1
    MyArray(i, 0) = Charts(a).Name
    If Charts(MyArray(i, 0)).Visible Then MyArray(i, 1) = "Chart" _
    Else MyArray(i, 1) = "Hid Chart"
    Next i

    LB1.List = MyArray

    End Sub

    Sub BubbleSort()
    w = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count
    c = ActiveWorkbook.Charts.Count
    n = w + c
    ReDim SortArray(n - 1, 1) As String

    For i = 0 To w - 1
    SortArray(i, 0) = Sheets(i + 1).Name
    If Sheets(SortArray(i, 0)).Visible Then SortArray(i, 1) = "" _
    Else SortArray(i, 1) = "Hidden"
    Next i
    a = 0
    For i = w To n - 1
    a = a + 1
    SortArray(i, 0) = Charts(a).Name
    If Charts(SortArray(i, 0)).Visible Then SortArray(i, 1) = "Chart" _
    Else SortArray(i, 1) = "Hid Chart"
    Next i

    Do
    NoExchanges = True
    ' Loop through each element in the array.
    For i = 0 To n - 2
    ' If the element is greater than the element
    ' following it, exchange the two elements.
    If SortArray(i, 0) > SortArray(i + 1, 0) Then
    NoExchanges = False
    Temp = SortArray(i, 0)
    Temp2 = SortArray(i, 1)
    SortArray(i, 0) = SortArray(i + 1, 0)
    SortArray(i, 1) = SortArray(i + 1, 1)
    SortArray(i + 1, 0) = Temp
    SortArray(i + 1, 1) = Temp2
    End If
    Next i
    Loop While Not (NoExchanges)
    LB1.List = SortArray

    End Sub

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: help with this error-Compile error: cant find project or library

    Hi Jack,

    With the workbook in question active, run the problematic code
    When the code errors, go to the VBE and select the project in the Project
    Explorer Window

    Hit the reset button and look at the Tools | References list

    Look for any references marked as "MISSING".

    Either uncheck the reference or, if the reference is needed, try the browse
    button to locate the library,

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JackR
    Guest

    Re: help with this error-Compile error: cant find project or libra

    Thank you, that took care of the problem