In Document Hyperlink

  1. #1
    nastech
    Guest

    In Document Hyperlink

    Is there a way to mix use of HYPERLINK, and CELL functions, where reference
    to CELL might move with line as document expands / contracts (where line
    moves, in line positon). ABSOLUTE cell perhaps.

    problem is that "in-document" hyperlink does not maintain integrity for
    position.

    =HYPERLINK(CELL("row",B469),"x") not working

  2. #2

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

  3. #3
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    Thanks! been trying to figure that out for long time.. was told it could
    not be done.
    using: (where am allowed to name hyperlink with x.. been changing many
    in-document links, many times daily, no more.

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",B1192),"x")

  4. #4
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    Hi, almost got to work, have to be close. I have been picking a line in my
    document that might be 32 lines past the title line intended. is there a way
    to add 32 rows/ lines within the formula? thanks

  5. #5

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    Why not just link the the cell you want?

    (Add 32 rows to your address when you do the typing???)

  6. #6
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    hi, dont't know if I can explain.. 2 secs to show but, if you use in document
    link to ?? line 900 (have been making link to say line 932), but header line
    is at 900, now cut-paste line from line 901, to say line 800.

    The header line has now moved to line 901. Next try doing that every couple
    minutes, seconds in doing lots of work. move 5-10-50-more lines at once.
    Header line is now at position ~ 1000. no longer can find reference to where
    trying to do work.............

    think answer would be some function, cell line row col offset, to fix header
    line as the start position, +32.. feel certain it can be done. thanks

  7. #7
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    ps. position plus 32.. might put header line at top of page..

  8. #8

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    You have another suggestion at your other thread.

  9. #9
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    hi, you mean from another posting? thanks just read it. had just figured out
    before that what answer might be, in combination with your/ other suggestion
    similiar:

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1)),"P2") for downwards
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,-1,1)),"P2") for up

    not sure what the following is doing (or if all necessary)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address", not sure if I need the "address" part, or
    exactly how this is working yet.. anyways year in making, might be solved.

  10. #10

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    The # means that you're going to a subaddress. I bet you've seen that in links
    to sites on the web.

    This takes you to the top of one of Debra Dalgleish's pages:
    http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html
    This takes you to a location deeper in that page:
    http://contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html#IndexMatch2

  11. #11
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    Thanks.. getting few items to check out for dynamic ranges etc.
    Have others that were looking for answer such as this hyperlink, do you
    think my example is complete, or any extraneous items.. or did I accidently
    get it right ?

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1)),"P2") for downwards
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,-1,1)),"P2") for up

    for:
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",

  12. #12

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    Can you share why the second version didn't point at B504 directly instead of
    using offset().

  13. #13
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    sure: example is, in wanting my title line to be at top of page /view, I
    would pick 32 lines (size of my view) past the title line. Else: if I pick
    the title line as the view, title line can end up at bottom of screen (Really
    need to see work items "below" title line, not above). should get rest? now
    can pick title line, add new destination: 32 lines past.

    Test: cut 50 lines from below your title line, paste above title line. go
    to top of your excel document, click on hyperlink: title line is off the
    page no longer seen (with old link). Can cut-paste all you want with OFFSET
    (title-line is always the item referenced). re-negotiating page / view....
    every 20 seconds was a pain...

    this works, just don't know if have any extra items don't need
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1)),"x") for downwards
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,-1,1)),"x") for up

    was told I do not need CELL("address",.. but could not get to work if
    typing wrong:
    =HYPERLINK("#"&OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1),"x") was not working

    was needing to pass this info along, was not sure if formula had extra stuff..

    --------------------------

  14. #14

    Re: In Document Hyperlink

    Then =Offset() makes sense since you're moving so much stuff around.

    Hyperlinks travel to ranges, so you use =address().

    If you look at what =offset() returns (the value from that cell--not the address
    itself), you'll see why you want to use the address.

    =HYPERLINK("#A1")
    takes me to A1.

    =hyperlink("#"&a1)
    would only take me someplace if A1 contained something that looked like an
    address.