Deleting unused columns

  1. #1
    dramajuana
    Guest

    Deleting unused columns

    Is there a way to get rid of unused columns? It automatically gives me
    columns A-L, and I really only need up to H usually. Deleting these columns
    makes them appear again (it's MAGIC!), and making them hidden just makes it
    look like letters are skipped.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Deleting unused columns

    What you've already done is all that can be done.

    You can't delete columns/rows in the sense that they are removed from the
    sheet.

    You can hide from column I to IV and those columns will just appear as an
    empty gray space.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Deleting unused columns

    An Excel worksheet has 256 columns(more in 2007 version)

    You can cannot delete these columns. You can hide them or give them a
    background color so it appears they are not there.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP