Selecting range in list of range names depending on a cell informa

  1. #1
    Courreges
    Guest

    Selecting range in list of range names depending on a cell informa

    I need a formula that selects in the list of range names the one related to
    the information of a cell.
    I have the following formula Index(GERVar, MATCH(Value A,Lookup ArrayA,0,
    MATCH(Value B, Lookup ArrayB,0))
    And when I have "Germany" in a certain cell, the formula will look for the
    right value within the range "GERVar" previously created.
    If now I have "France" in a certain cell, the array will not be GERVar
    anymore but FRAVar in the Index formula as follows:
    Index(FRAVar, MATCH(Value A,Lookup ArrayA,0, MATCH(Value B, Lookup ArrayB,0))
    I know that this is maybe not as easy as that, maybe not feasable with such
    the formula I wrote but the idea is there.
    Please could you help me?

    Anne de Courreges

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Selecting range in list of range names depending on a cell informa

    E1 contains name of range e.g GERVar, FRANVar ....

    =INDEX(INDIRECT(E1),MATCH(E2,$A$2:$A$4,0),MATCH(E3,$B$1:$D$1,0))

    HTH

  3. #3
    Courreges
    Guest

    RE: Selecting range in list of range names depending on a cell inf

    Now I would like to mix 2 cells to get to the right range of cells. Is this
    possible?

    EX: I refer to Germany (Cell B2) and eSize (Cell A2) to match the data in a
    range called GEReSize. Then if in cell B2 I have France, I would like it to
    match with FRAesize, etc...

    Is this possible? Or what should I change to make this possible?

    Thanks for your help!

    --
    Anne de Courreges