Corrupt excel file

  1. #1
    Hervinder
    Guest

    Corrupt excel file

    I have a very important file on excel. This morning i tried to open it and
    i'm getting an error message saying

    Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\HSingh\Desktop\CLD
    2nd qtr 06 report-30jun06.xls'
    The following is a list of repairs:

    Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel
    attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been
    lost or corrupted.

    I then have an open to just close the dialog box and all the worksheets are
    blank with no values at all.

    I have read the knowledge base article 820712 on this and it states that the
    file can be open in previous versions but not in 2003, which is what i am
    using. I dont have any previous versions of excel on my machine.

    Is there anything i can do to recover the data on the spreadsheet?

    Thank you
    Hervinder

  2. #2
    Graham Whitehead
    Guest

    Re: Corrupt excel file

    So are you saying that it may be possible to open this file in excel 2000?
    Becasue if that is so then you could email me the file, I can open it in
    excel 2000, save it with another filename and email you it back.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: Corrupt excel file

    You can download "OpenOffice" from OpenOffice.org. Its free. And its
    spreadsheet "Calc" may be able to open your file and then re-save it as
    another .xls file. May be fixable...

    Beege