Linked Picture?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Linked Picture?

    I think I read somewhere that a picture of a workbook object could be pasted into other MS Office documents, but the picture coulb be linked to the workbook so that changes could be made to the workbook and they would show up in the other MS Office document.

    This supposedly saves file size as the entire workbook is not embedded into the other document.

    Does anyone know of this technique? If it does exist, how is it done?
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Old Post - 15 views

    I know this is an old post, but I see there have been 15 views so some people must be interested.

    I found a different solution, but...

    I stumbled on how to paste a picture on one of the MVP sites, I believe it was Jon Peltier's site?

    Simply hold the Shift key click on Edit, and some new features are present, including Copy Picture and Paste Picture.

    I don't think the links stay, but I am not sure... Just use trial and error. Hope this helps someone...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Linked Picture?

    When you copy with this method, you just get a static picture.

    If you want a linked picture use the Camera Tool found under
    Tools>Customize>Commands>Tools

    Drag that button to yopur Toolbar.

    Select a range of cells and take a picture with Camera Tool.

    Paste it and it will update as original data is changed.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Linked Picture?

    Yopur?

    Is that a province in Pakistan?

    Gord

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Thank You - Gord Dibben!!!

    This will definitely make Word reports smaller as well as PowerPoint presentaions.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    My Excuse..

    I just had shoulder replacement surgery and have a tough time typing with two hands, much less with one.

    Wish the forums all had spell check...

    Just had to reply to yopur tpyo...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Dibben

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Linked Picture?

    My Agent News Reader has Spellcheck but I can pick up mistakes visually so have
    no need of it<vbg>

    Gord