Refreshing pivot makes second data series line disappear from chart !!!

  1. #1
    WhytheQ
    Guest

    Refreshing pivot makes second data series line disappear from chart !!!

    I have a pivot chart with two data series plotted on it A and B
    Series A is plotted against the primary Y-axis, and series B against
    the secondary Y-axis....trouble is that when the pivot table is
    refreshed the line for series B totally disapears off the chart - does
    anyone know how to get around this?

    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Jason

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    blanks
    the data header
    grand total

  3. #3
    WhytheQ
    Guest

    Re: Refreshing pivot makes second data series line disappear from chart !!!

    Cheers Robert,
    I've not got too much experience with charts!
    How do I plot an ordinary chart from a pivot? ... whenever I try to
    construct a chart from the data in the pivot it reverts to a pivot
    chart !

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    extract the data from the pivot table by , say, if output is in column G,

    =if ( G3="","",if g3="grand total","",g3))

    then copy this down a few hundred rows

    this only pulls data and ignores blanks and the last row which is grand total.

    now just highlight the data and click on chart wizard and follow it through.