link few combo box

  1. #1
    Hassan Merzha
    Guest

    link few combo box

    Hi
    I really need help here plz.
    I have sheet and in that sheet there is few coloums A(Station), B (Supervisor)
    and the 2nd sheet there is Few coloums A(Station), B(line), C(Line
    Supervisor).
    and 3rd sheet is all the main work going to happen!

    My Question is how to create combo box so when i select Station it then
    next to it show the supervisor of that station and lines of that station and
    the line supervisor.

    I know it bit complex but i have already figered out how to select station
    and show the supervisor but i do not know how to show the line and the line
    supervisor at the same time.

    Thank u and i will be look forward to hear from u all.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: link few combo box

    2 excellent reference sources ..

    Debra's page at:
    Data Validation -- Dependent Dropdowns from a Sorted List

    Bob Phillips' page at:
    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html
    Dynamic Dependent Dropdowns
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: link few combo box

    See VLOOKUP in HELP

    Something like:

    =vlookup(station,Sheet2!A1:C20,2,false) will get line Column B) from sheet2
    for "Station"

    =vlookup(station,Sheet2!A1:C20,3,false) will get line supervisor (column C)
    from sheet2 for "Station"

    where "station" is the value from your combobox and A1:C20 in sheet2 contain
    the table of station, line & supervisor.

    HTH