advanced filter

  1. #1
    cudan
    Guest

    advanced filter

    I'm getting an error message when I use Advanced Filter. It states, "You can
    only copy filtered data to the active sheet." Why is it giving me this
    message.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: advanced filter

    You are attempting to use Advanced Filter to PUSH the filtered results to
    another sheet. Excel doesn't allow that.

    You must PULL the data into the destination sheet.
    Here's the workaround:

    START on the sheet to receive the filtered data

    From the Excel main menu:
    Check: Copy to another location
    List range: (select the range on the source sheet)
    Criteria range: (if you use this, just select it on the sheet that contains
    it)
    Copy to: (select the destination range on the current sheet)
    When done with the settings....click the [OK] button

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    cudan
    Guest

    RE: advanced filter

    Ron,

    Thanks. That worked.

  4. #4
    cudan
    Guest

    RE: advanced filter

    Ron,

    I am now trying to repeat the same process in another worksheet within the
    same workbook using different critera and the only results i'm getting are
    the column headers. Do you know why?

    Thanks in advance

  5. #5
    cudan
    Guest

    RE: advanced filter

    Ron,

    Sorry about that. I know what I did. I put my criteria in the wrong column.