Keep getting #### when summing numbers

  1. #1
    Ammy
    Guest

    Keep getting #### when summing numbers

    I am summing a range of 4 values and the output box shows: ####

    Even when I remove the formula and type the correct sum in, it still comes
    up ####

    It won't allow me to put it in the box. If there is only one value to be
    summed it shows that correctly, but not any numbers after that.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Keep getting #### when summing numbers

    Try widening the column!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guy Lydig
    Guest

    RE: Keep getting #### when summing numbers

    #### means there is not enough room in the column for the result. Autofit,
    widen (Format | Column) or stretch (rest mouse between column heading letters
    and click hold and drag to the right) the column so it's wide enough for the
    value.