how to get rid of hyperlinks when cutting and pasting e-mail addre

  1. #1
    Mike Nolan
    Guest

    how to get rid of hyperlinks when cutting and pasting e-mail addre

    i just made a post concerning the problem of cutting and pasting e-mail
    addresses into excel. they always come out as hyperlinks and it's driving me
    crazy. i was told to do the following and it does not work. possibly i am
    going to be forced to type every e-mail address in and if i do that it
    doesn't happen.

    Click Tools>AutoCorrect Options... then click the "AutoFormat As You Type"
    tab, and uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"

    please e-mail me at: [email protected]

    thank you.

  2. #2
    Paul Mathews
    Guest

    RE: how to get rid of hyperlinks when cutting and pasting e-mail addre

    Mike, when you paste the hyperlinks into Excel, choose the paste values
    option instead of the regular paste. (If you're using the Paste icon in the
    Excel toolbar, click on the little arrow to the right of it and select the
    "Values" option; or right-click, choose "Paste Special..." then choose the
    Values option).

  3. #3
    Mike Nolan
    Guest

    RE: how to get rid of hyperlinks when cutting and pasting e-mail addre

    aha! i have it now paul. pretty simple, but for the life of me i could not
    figure it out! thanks and have a great day.

    mike nolan

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: how to get rid of hyperlinks when cutting and pasting e-mail addre

    "Mike Nolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >i just made a post concerning the problem of cutting and pasting e-mail
    > addresses into excel. they always come out as hyperlinks and it's driving
    > me
    > crazy. i was told to do the following and it does not work. possibly i am
    > going to be forced to type every e-mail address in and if i do that it
    > doesn't happen.
    >
    > Click Tools>AutoCorrect Options... then click the "AutoFormat As You Type"
    > tab, and uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
    >
    > please e-mail me at: [email protected]
    >
    > thank you.

    Three points:
    1 Don't start a new thread. Keep the discussion in your original thread.
    2 Don't ask people to e-mail you. If you ask a question in the group,
    then look for the reply in the group. That way other people can learn.
    3 It is pointless just to say "it doesn't work". If you want further
    help you'll need to explain what you're doing, what you want to happen, and
    what the error symptoms are.

    If your concern is that the answer which you were given stopped you
    generating new hyperlinks but left you with your existing ones and you want
    to know how to get rid of them, either Google for:
    Excel "remove hyperlinks" [and take some of the answers with a pinch of
    salt]
    or look at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;223789
    --
    David Biddulph