Making a dynamic list?!

  1. #1

    Making a dynamic list?!

    Hi

    Is it possible to populate a list (drop down box in a cell) based on a selection from another list?

    I.E. I have columns A and B (for ease of explanation). When I click on A1, I have a drop down list from which i can choose from over 100 options. I then want to choose from a list to populate B1. However, I want my options in B1 to be dependant on what I chose in A1.

    Is this possible?

    I have made the lists using the validation tool, populating it from differnet columns on the worksheet.

    If this makes any sense, any help would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2

    Re: Making a dynamic list?!

    You may be able to use data|validation and dependent lists.

    Debra Dalgleish knows how:
    http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips