Exporting spreadsheet data

  1. #1
    kah
    Guest

    Exporting spreadsheet data

    I have a spreadsheet that was made to list individuals in an organization.
    The columns include their names first and last, adresses, phones numbers,
    etc. Now we need to produce invoices for each name in the list and was
    wondering if there is some way to automate the process of exporting the info
    into an invoice for mailing. Hope this has provided enough info to obtain an
    answer.
    Thanks
    --
    kah

  2. #2
    TKnTexas
    Guest

    Re: Exporting spreadsheet data

    A starting point would be to Add a Column at the beginning of the list,
    assign a sequential number to the individuals, i.e. like an account
    number. Insert a new worksheet. Design your invoice on this sheet.
    Add a spot on the invoice for the account number. Use vlookups on the
    form to place the names, addresses, etc.

    Depending on how many records you have in your database, this is where
    my help wanes. You can manually substitute the account numbers on the
    invoice form and then print. Someone who knows how to write a macro
    can help maybe to loop through your listing to copy the account number
    from the listing to the form and print the invoice and then move to the
    next account number. Hope that starts the thought process for you.

  3. #3
    TKnTexas
    Guest

    Re: Exporting spreadsheet data

    My apologies, a simpler non macro solution would be to use Word, if you
    have that. Create the invoice in Word using merge fields from the
    Excel listing. This is a much simpler method.