change a cell background colour to my own RGB colour requirements

  1. #1
    Stephen Doughty
    Guest

    change a cell background colour to my own RGB colour requirements

    It would really nice if I could change a cell border and background coulour
    to a specific RGB range for our company standard colour range. When preparing
    quotations.

  2. #2
    dont know why, but you can't define your own colours in excel2000. But if you define all your colours in text in msword, then just copy&paste. Your new colours should appear in all your colour options on the Format Cells pane, but not on the quick buttons on toolbar. Hope this helps

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor tony h's Avatar
    England: London and Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,187
    You can change the color palette under tools...options...color...modify...custom

    cheers

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor tony h's Avatar
    England: London and Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,187
    ... or you can use the RGB function in VBA

    The advantage with the color pallette is that you can distribute the revised pallette around the company so that everyone has access to the correct colours.

    I assume you would pdf the document before sending it out.

    The advantage with the VBA option is that the colour wont change if someone changes the pallette.

    But there againg if the company changes its company colours you can change all the templates simply by changing the pallette.

    have fun,
    hope this helps

  5. #5
    Stephen Doughty
    Guest

    Re: change a cell background colour to my own RGB colour requireme

    wow its that simple - Thank so much its a great help - Steve