AutoFilter report in status bar

  1. #1

    Question AutoFilter report in status bar

    This question has probably been answered many times, but I can't find the right search keywords to find an answer.

    Why is it that sometimes, using the AutoFilter, you get a report in the status bar that tells you how many records matched the filter? At other times it absolutely will not give the report?

    Is there a way to turn this on and off?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter report in status bar

    When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
    after an AutoFilter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter
    Mode" instead of a count of the visible records.

    The following MSKB article has information:

    The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

    And there are a couple of workarounds here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures