2 data types (same col/dif times), do: custom? parse? 2col?

  1. #1
    nastech
    Guest

    2 data types (same col/dif times), do: custom? parse? 2col?

    060616 2 data types (same col/dif times), do: custom? parse? 2col?
    Hi, have 2 different data types comming up: (thanks)

    12:18pm - <b>69.09</b> (during business hours: Preferred Number)

    69.09 (else avail. anytime, note: varying size number)

    since receive mixed data, would hope MS could make a "Custom Format",
    that would allow exclusion of trailing characters... what-ever needed to
    get 69.09

    prob1 / else: (not having an automated sheet, "yet")
    where I download data, copy-paste, I have other required columns of data
    (before / after) this field / column.

    Q1: what is the easiest way to get what I need?
    - can I custom format what I need (for view), I believe I can RIGHT/LEFT
    LEN out what I need for formula's
    - WHAT REALLY NEED, is for Custom Format (for view) to allow exlusion of
    "right-most" characters: </b>

    then:
    Q2: then probably have a worker column that pulls the number out;
    This version is not complete: How do I exlude the items from the left (as
    it may be of varying lenght), so far have:

    =IF(RIGHT(CJ9,1)=">",LEFT(CJ9,LEN(CJ9)-4),CJ9)

    which leaves: 12:18pm - <b>69.09
    note: price can be of varying length as well, e.g.: 0.63, or 1111.63

  2. #2
    nastech
    Guest

    RE: 2 data types (same col/dif times), do: custom? parse? 2col?

    partial answer?: treat data as text in original colum, once in formula
    column treat as general format?