hyper links in pull down menus

  1. #1
    Wayne Knazek
    Guest

    hyper links in pull down menus

    I have a list, used as a pull down. But some of the list entries contain
    hyper links. For example, the "list" is made up of standard comments used
    often in a lay out report. The comments could be . . .

    OK at MMC: See Profile Section . . . This comment should be a link to the
    Profile section on the workbook. (BTW: It works fine in the actual list I
    made. Just not after selected from a pull down.)

    Also, all of the entries in the list are not hyper links. About half are.

    I made the list with some of the entries being hyper links to other tabs
    (sheets) So a customer can go right to the relevant sheet from the comments
    column.

    So the list works fine. The links work fine. I make them into a pulldown,
    select the range for the list, etc., and the pull down works fine. But when
    I select an entry from the list, the link becomes text.

    For my range of cells I'm using, for example . . .

    =$M$10:$M$42

    Can the entries be formatted (or range defined) so the hyper links still
    work after being selected from the pull down?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: hyper links in pull down menus

    I think you're gonna need a different approach.

    Maybe you can use an adjacent cell and the =hyperlink() formula?

  3. #3
    Wayne Knazek
    Guest

    Re: hyper links in pull down menus

    RE: use an adjacent cell and the =hyperlink() formula . . .

    Thanks, Dave. I don't quite understand your answer, but I'll see what I
    come up with.