Please help - Looking for a way to sum up for specific error codes that occur in multiple months.

  1. #1
    Joe
    Guest

    Please help - Looking for a way to sum up for specific error codes that occur in multiple months.

    Here is an example of what I am trying to capture: Every SOE entry that
    Joe during the months of June, July, and August. According to this
    example the total is 3.

    (A) (B) (C) (D)
    REGION NAME MONTH ERROR CODE
    EAST JOE JUNE SOE
    EAST JOE JULY SOE
    EAST JOE AUGUST SOE

    Thanks for helping me.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Please help - Looking for a way to sum up for specific error codes

    =countif(range,criteria)
    =countif(A1:D5,"SOE")

    regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Joe
    Guest

    Re: Please help - Looking for a way to sum up for specific error codes

    Thank you, however what formula would I use if there were other names
    in column A that had the same error code of "soe" during those months?
    But I only want to calculate how many "SOE" errors Joe had for that
    quarter of business.

    Your help is appreciated,
    Joe

    FSt1 wrote:
    > =countif(range,criteria)
    > =countif(A1:D5,"SOE")
    >
    > regards
    > FSt1
    >
    > "Joe" wrote:
    >
    > > Here is an example of what I am trying to capture: Every SOE entry that
    > > Joe during the months of June, July, and August. According to this
    > > example the total is 3.
    > >
    > > (A) (B) (C) (D)
    > > REGION NAME MONTH ERROR CODE
    > > EAST JOE JUNE SOE
    > > EAST JOE JULY SOE
    > > EAST JOE AUGUST SOE

    West Jane June SOE
    North Bob July SOE

  4. #4
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Please help - Looking for a way to sum up for specific error codes

    There's probably a more elegant way, but

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B4="Joe"),--(D2:D4="SOE"),(C2:C4="June")+(C2:C4="July")+(C2:C4="August"))

    change ranges as needed. Sumproduct cannot accomadate entire columns (such
    as A:A or A1:A65536, but A1:A65535 will work).

  5. #5
    Joe
    Guest

    Re: Please help - Looking for a way to sum up for specific error codes

    Thank you very much! This formula works fine and you have saved me so
    much time! :-)