Can't access Office Online from Excel Application

  1. #1
    beenplaces
    Guest

    Can't access Office Online from Excel Application

    Trying to avoid reloading MS Office 2003 application, etc.

    I have done everything I know to do. Help.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can't access Office Online from Excel Application

    Is it possible you have disabled the online content function.

    Hit Help then under the "See Also" section click on Online Content Settings to
    see what's enabled.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    beenplaces
    Guest

    Re: Can't access Office Online from Excel Application

    I made the changes like you said. It helped but even after restarting PC got
    the error message: Cannot locate Internet server or proxy server.

    This problem only happens when I run Excel. Word and PowerPoint allow
    connection to Office Online. What do you think?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can't access Office Online from Excel Application

    Not sure but maybe a re-register of Excel could help.

    Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

    1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
    2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
    See the space between exe and /regserver

    You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
    In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

    Gord

    On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:14:01 -0700, beenplaces
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I made the changes like you said. It helped but even after restarting PC got
    >the error message: Cannot locate Internet server or proxy server.
    >
    >This problem only happens when I run Excel. Word and PowerPoint allow
    >connection to Office Online. What do you think?
    >
    >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
    >

    >> Is it possible you have disabled the online content function.
    >>
    >> Hit Help then under the "See Also" section click on Online Content Settings to
    >> see what's enabled.
    >>

    >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:46:02 -0700, beenplaces
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Trying to avoid reloading MS Office 2003 application, etc.
    >> >
    >> >I have done everything I know to do. Help.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP