Sumproduct Function

  1. #1
    JimMay
    Guest

    Sumproduct Function

    I use the Sumproduct() function extensively;
    Obviously, there are also in use, significant Control-Array
    Formulas (which I have used, but less often). Can
    Someone tell me the what differentiates the two?
    At some point (it seems) the Sumproduct lacks what
    The CSE formulas can do, but I cannot express or explain it.
    Any clarification would be appreciate.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct Function

    One difference is that you cannot use a straight forward IF in sumproduct
    assume

    you have this formula

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A6>60),--(B1:B6="a"),C1:C6)

    which will total c1:c6 if certain conditions in A and B are fulfilled
    However if there would be an error like #N/A in C it will return that error
    This array formula would fix that

    =SUM(IF(A1:A6>60,IF(B1:B6="a",IF(ISNUMBER(C1:C6),C1:C6))))

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

  3. #3
    JimMay
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct Function

    Thanks Peo,

    I heard on Public Radio yesterday that I guy in California,
    Who had just bought himself a new "Gold-Dector" put it to use
    In his front yard "AND IT BEGAN RAPIDLY TICKING OFF THE SCALE"
    He dug a hole 60 feet deep before the City insisted he stop
    Digging and begin filling the Hole back up... LOL LOL

    Jim May

    news:[email protected]:

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom