How do I split a one cell which has a hard return?

  1. #1
    GatorGirl
    Guest

    How do I split a one cell which has a hard return?

    The cell has an street address and then a hard return and on the second line
    an apt #. Test to columns does not work because the street addresses vary in
    length. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How do I split a one cell which has a hard return?

    Hi!

    Use Text to Columns>Delimited>Other

    With the cursor in the little box marked OTHER, hold down the ALT key and
    using the *numeric key pad* type 010.

    Then complete the steps in the T to C wizard.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I split a one cell which has a hard return?

    Do you want to split the cell at the hard return?

    Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by>Other

    ALT + 0010 will enter the hard return in the other box.

    Hit Finish to split.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP