Sorting by Column Headers

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Sorting by Column Headers

    Is it possible to sort a sheet by column headers? I tried to convert the
    information into rows to sort it but there are too many rows. The information
    has numerical column headers and I would like to put it in order from left to
    right. Not all columns have headers, but they're not critical.

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Sorting by Column Headers

    Yes, select your columns to sort.
    From the Data Menu, select Sort.
    In the Sort dialog box, click the button called "Options"
    You should see a toggle for "Orientation"
    Change this to "Left to Right"
    Click OK
    You should now be able to sort by Rows instead of Columns.
    Choose the Row that your headers are in.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Sorting by Column Headers

    Select all your columns and Data>Sort>Options>Sort Left to Right

    Sort by Row 1 ascending

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP