Copy the value from a cell with condition. Help please

  1. #1

    Copy the value from a cell with condition. Help please

    Hi,
    I have a column with say 100 cells. There are several 0s in this column. What is the conditional formula to put ONLY the values different from 0 to another column whitout cells with false or white spaces?

    Thanks
    ----------
    Best regards,
    excel_guest

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Sydney, Australia
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 64bit
    Posts
    1,394
    if(A1="0","",A1)

  3. #3
    Thanks,
    But I don't want those free spaces in my column for those cells with 0s.

  4. #4

    Re: Copy the value from a cell with condition. Help please

    the quotes are typed without spaces, but if you are doing it with a
    formula you HAVE to have something in the TRUE and FALSE part of the if
    statement to avoid seeing FALSE or TRUE in the cell! You COULD do it
    with a macro if you want.

  5. #5
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Copy the value from a cell with condition. Help please

    Apply a filter to the column which has the numbers (A ?), selecting
    Custom | Not Equal To | 0 (zero). Then in the top-most visible cell of
    the column next to it, type = then click on the cell next to it that
    contains the number - this will have entered a formula like

    =A5

    into the cell, assuming row 5 is the first visible row. Press Enter,
    then with the filter still active, click <copy> on the cell with the
    formula and paste the formula into the other cells of that column where
    there are numbers visible in column A. You can then remove the filter
    (select ALL), and you should have what you want.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete