Is there a way to skip over fields when I press the ENTER key?

  1. #1
    Kay
    Guest

    Is there a way to skip over fields when I press the ENTER key?

    I am trying to setup a worksheet for others to use. But I need to be able to
    have the cursor automatically jump to the next available field for entry. Is
    there a way to set this up?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to skip over fields when I press the ENTER key?

    Hi Kay

    If you use 2002-2003 there is a option when you protect your sheet to only select unlocked cells
    Maybe you like that

    --
    Regards Ron De Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to skip over fields when I press the ENTER key?

    try this code

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

    Regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to skip over fields when I press the ENTER key?

    If you're using Excel 2003 you can unprotect the cells where data needs to be
    entered by selecting the cells, clicking on FORMAT in the menu and then
    select CELLS. In the formatting dialog box, click the PROTECTION tab, turn
    the PROTECTED check box off and click OK to exit.

    From the menu select TOOLS, then select PROTECTION from the drop-down menu
    and PROTECT WORKSHEET from the cascade menu. In the ALLOW ALL USER OF THE
    WORKSHEET TO list, turn SELECT LOCKED CELLS off and then assign a password.
    Now the only cells the user can access are the ones that you unprotected for
    data entry.
    --
    Kevin Backmann