Subtract Range Of Numbers using a Formula

  1. #1
    Josh Davis
    Guest

    Subtract Range Of Numbers using a Formula

    Hello,

    I was wanting to take a standard currency form cell containing the following
    number: "$180.00" in cell "F4" and be able to subtract that from the nubers
    formatted in the currency form in cells "F5:F10" so that the difference in
    these numbers is displayed in cell "F12". If you do not understand this let
    me put this in a mathmatical sense. I want to take the $180.00, subtract
    32.09-16.27-16.27-19.48-15.35-44.69. those ammount are cells "F5:F10" I would
    like the difference of those totals displayed in cell "F12" as previously
    stated. So can anyone help me? your help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks In Advance,

    Josh

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Subtract Range Of Numbers using a Formula

    Perhaps ... in F12: =F4-SUM(F5:F10)
    would do it here ?
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Oregon, USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Subtract Range Of Numbers using a Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Perhaps ... in F12: =F4-SUM(F5:F10)
    would do it here ?
    --
    "Josh Davis" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I was wanting to take a standard currency form cell containing the following
    > number: "$180.00" in cell "F4" and be able to subtract that from the nubers
    > formatted in the currency form in cells "F5:F10" so that the difference in
    > these numbers is displayed in cell "F12". If you do not understand this let
    > me put this in a mathmatical sense. I want to take the $180.00, subtract
    > 32.09-16.27-16.27-19.48-15.35-44.69. those ammount are cells "F5:F10" I would
    > like the difference of those totals displayed in cell "F12" as previously
    > stated. So can anyone help me? your help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks In Advance,
    >
    > Josh
    Thanks Max! I was having a similar problem, and your formula worked perfectly. Maybe if it hadn't been 1:00 in the morning, I could have figured it out myself (I was close), but your answer saved me a good deal of time.