How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

  1. #1
    Need Help in DC
    Guest

    How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    To anyone who can help (please!),

    I have an excel sheet that is being used to rate a number of questions
    listed on the worksheet. I have a column that allows for the entry of a
    numerical range (0-4), and what I need to do is have another column that
    displays a small image depending on the value of the range column (e.g. a
    rating of 4 shows an image of 4 stars in the next column over).

    I've looked at the code provided in some previous messages about displaying
    an image based on a cell value, but that only seems to work for one cell. I
    need to use the same 5 images repeatedly on about 60 rows. Is there a way to
    do this with VBA or some other excel magic?

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

  2. #2

    Re: How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    How about a very easy alternative?

    There are lots of symbols in different fonts that look like stars.

    I put this in B1 and formatted that cell as Wingdings:
    =REPT(CHAR(171),A1)

    And it looked darn nice!

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    I like that Dave.

    Gord

    On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:08:40 -0500, Dave Peterson <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >How about a very easy alternative?
    >
    >There are lots of symbols in different fonts that look like stars.
    >
    >I put this in B1 and formatted that cell as Wingdings:
    >=REPT(CHAR(171),A1)
    >
    >And it looked darn nice!
    >
    >Need Help in DC wrote:
    >>
    >> To anyone who can help (please!),
    >>
    >> I have an excel sheet that is being used to rate a number of questions
    >> listed on the worksheet. I have a column that allows for the entry of a
    >> numerical range (0-4), and what I need to do is have another column that
    >> displays a small image depending on the value of the range column (e.g. a
    >> rating of 4 shows an image of 4 stars in the next column over).
    >>
    >> I've looked at the code provided in some previous messages about displaying
    >> an image based on a cell value, but that only seems to work for one cell. I
    >> need to use the same 5 images repeatedly on about 60 rows. Is there a way to
    >> do this with VBA or some other excel magic?
    >>
    >> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4

    Re: How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    But our opinions aren't the ones that matters <bg>.

  5. #5

    Re: How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    I changed singular to plural and didn't change "matters" to "matter".

    From the ****-retentive grammarian (sigh).

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    Same like myself<g>

    Gord

    On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:30:06 -0500, Dave Peterson <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I changed singular to plural and didn't change "matters" to "matter".
    >
    >From the ****-retentive grammarian (sigh).
    >
    >Dave Peterson wrote:
    >>
    >> But our opinions aren't the ones that matters <bg>.
    >>
    >> Gord Dibben wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I like that Dave.
    >> >
    >> > Gord

    >> > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    >> --
    >>
    >> Dave Peterson

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  7. #7
    Need Help in DC
    Guest

    Re: How to use the same picture in multiple cells?

    Thanks for the suggestion, but I was using stars only as an example. I've
    drawn the image that I need to use, and the file size is relatively small so
    they could either be embedded in the worksheet or called separately from the
    same folder.

    Any thoughts for that method?