Macros and saving .csv files

  1. #1
    whatageek
    Guest

    Macros and saving .csv files

    Before I can import data from a .csv file into a database, many columns
    need to be formatted or values need to be replaced. Previously, this
    manipulation used to be done manually and the import worked fine. I
    have since recorded a macro to automate all the changes. But now the
    import seems to be finding lots of empty records at the end and I have
    to kill the import. How to save the .csv file so that blank rows are
    not included in the import?

  2. #2
    Excel user
    Guest

    RE: Macros and saving .csv files

    Try this..before you run the macro position the cursor to the row below the
    last row containing data you wish to import. Press shift-ctrl-End at the same
    time. Go to Edit clear All on the toolbar to clear all unused data. Run the
    macro to create the csv. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Excel user

  4. #4
    Excel user

  5. #5
    whatageek
    Guest

    Re: Macros and saving .csv files

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Your response gave me
    the missing pieces to the puzzle. The problem is fixed....thank you,
    thank you!