ADD DIFFERENT RANGES OF CELLS

  1. #1
    Add non continuous ranges of cells
    Guest

    ADD DIFFERENT RANGES OF CELLS

    I need to perform a sum of many (over 100) different cells and ranges that
    are not in a continuous range. I could use the = function which would take
    forever, and the sum function does not work when I try to add different
    ranges that are not in a continuous order.

    I know there is a simple way to do this...can anyone help - please?

    Example: let's say I have these numbers in different cells
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,etc... and I want to add the cells that have the numbers
    2,4,5 and 8. How can I add them without using the = or the sum function

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: ADD DIFFERENT RANGES OF CELLS

    <<<"and the sum function does not work when I try to add different ranges
    that are not in a continuous order">>>

    That is *not* true!

    This works fine:

    =SUM(A5:A10,D5:H5,H6,A20,C12:F18)

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Registered User Ivan F Moala's Avatar
    Auckland, New Zealand
    You can also enter =Sum(

    and just press and hold the 'ctrl' key and select the desired range to sum??
    Kind Regards,
    Ivan F Moala From the City of Sails
    \1

  4. #4
    Add non continuous ranges of cells
    Guest

    Re: ADD DIFFERENT RANGES OF CELLS

    Thanks, THIS HELPS ME SOOOO MUCH. I guess I kept forgetting to put a COMMA
    between the different ranges....

  5. #5
    Add non continuous ranges of cells
    Guest

    Re: ADD DIFFERENT RANGES OF CELLS

    Thanks Ivan, both methods work....I always tried to do this, but did not
    realize that I needed to put a comma after each range that I selected.