How do stop excel from scrolling past the last entry?

  1. #1
    Trina Sulita
    Guest

    How do stop excel from scrolling past the last entry?

    I want to set my sheet up so that when I scroll down, it stops at the last
    entry instead of continuing into the 1,000s. How do I do that?

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: How do stop excel from scrolling past the last entry?

    Aside from scolling slowly and with great deliberation there isn't one that I
    know of. However, you can assign a name to the first cell in the last row by
    moving to that cell, clicking INSERT on the menu, selecting NAME and the
    DEFINE. Name it something like LASTROW and click OK.

    You can then press F5 when you want to go to that row and double click on
    the name of the range. It will move the cell pointer to that location and
    highlight the cell.
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    luvthavodka
    Guest

    RE: How do stop excel from scrolling past the last entry?

    To go right to the bottom of the table you are using hit ctrl+down arrow.
    This will take you to the last entry in that column. Not sure if that answers
    your question?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do stop excel from scrolling past the last entry?

    Tina

    Maybe reset your used range so Excel doesn't think your data extends too far.

    See Debra Dalgleish's site for info on this.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP